February 12, 2014

Things We Love: The No Stress Basics

by Ana Bilokin

Sometimes there's so much to think and worry about, especially in our hectic teen lives, that you need to go back to the basics. Here are a few things I know I can count on to look good, feel good or both.

1.  The Mask of Magnaminty from Lushis a skin savior. First off, I love how the company is against animal testing and uses natural ingredients, I feel good about what I’m putting on my face. The mask itself is perfect as an immediate solution for extra oil on my face, as well as a long-term (weekly) addition to my skincare routine for overall better skin. Not to mention the mint feels so refreshing on my face and face masks are the perfect thing for when you need to pamper yourself!

2. I would definitely recommend “It” by Alexa Chung for anyone who loves fashion or is looking for an easy read on a night in or on the go. Alexa is a style inspiration for many, and it’s fascinating reading about who inspired her. The book is pretty to look at too, full of various photographs and Alexa’s adorable sketches.


3. Boyfriend jeans (I recommend getting vintage ones, so no link for these) are a wardrobe staple all year round. They’re both stylish and comfy, can be dressed up or down, be incorporated into many different styles from grunge to girly, and can have various amounts of holes, depending on the season! There’s nothing not to love.


4. Chelsea boots are like boyfriend jeans for your feet: versatile, comfy and stylish… Except they don’t come with holes in them already, those come from wearing them too much because they look cute with every outfit!


5. I don’t wear much makeup every day, usually just BB cream and mascara, so I was hesitant in buying a whole eyeshadow palette, but I’m so glad I did! The Naked Basics Palette from Urban Decay is such a good contribution to my everyday look. It has every colour I need to enhance my makeup while still looking natural. I love the fact that it’s matte and that there are just enough colours to do either daytime or nighttime looks without being overwhelming. I would definitely recommend this palette anyone who looking for a simple basic palette.


6. Polaroid cameras are great for instantly capturing amazing moments, and the photos they take are so perfect for hanging on a bulletin board or hanging an your room. (DIY: punch holes in the top and bottom of each photo and tie strings in between for a memory mobile that can be hung from the ceiling or wall.) The only downfall of these cameras is the cost of film, so make sure to save it for the most special occasions!


7. My nails are always painted. And half the time it’s the Essie colour “Pink Diamond.” It’s a go-to colour for a neutral and quick manicure. It’s forgiving if done quickly and the shimmer in it makes your nails feel special even on the most boring of occasions. Plus I love how easy it is to paint with all Essie polishes. 


Still stressed? Drink chamomile tea and listen to Bright Eyes and I promise you'll be dandy.
(My favourite song is Landlocked Blues at 31:19)

1 comment:

  1. This is a very good article! & I have never heard of this band so I thank you for this new discovery (:

    ReplyDelete