February 11, 2014

6 Going On 16

by Matéa LeBeau




Growing up is annoying. 

Drama, puberty, teen angst, love, hate, you know the drill. Remember the days of wishing you could just grow up already and be an adult? The thought of cars, high heels, pearls, going out with your friends and all that stuff was so amazing...
Don’t get me wrong, there are definite perks being older! You do get to go to cool places with your friends. You do get to drive a car. You do get to be the person you’ve always dreamed of being. In fact one of my favorite things ever is going out with my friends on Saturday morning for scones and coffee. Literally heaven. And all of the clothing that comes with being older? Pretty amazing. 
But let’s not lie and say you don’t miss being 6 year old you with pig tails, missing teeth, little girl clothes, cute dresses and reoccurring scrapes on your knees. Those were the days.

So this month, I thought I’d give you a bit of insight on some “little girl” attire that you can still look rad in as a teen, and some tunes I'm sure you'll love ☼




aline green and blue gingham dress! loveee

-I forget the price:) –Salvation Army (or as I call it, Salvation Armani).


(did I mention the lime green buttons? ♥)



thigh/knee high socks are essential in the little girl look,
and hello kitty anything makes it all the more adorable!



  
close up on the pattern:)



plaid anything is another essential! even if you're not going
 for the little girl look–– half of my closet is plaid.

-Coincidence & Chance collared plaid baby doll dress – 59 USD – Urban Outfitters

(I bought it on sale for 30 USD)


mary jane shoes are literally my life, and they're extremely cute!

-brown leather vintage mary jane docs – 28 USD – Wasteland (score!!)
-black mary jane docs – 100 USD – Dr Martens store


socks are my other obsession–– the bolder the better!
frilly socks really bring out the little girl in you:)

-frilly socks – 6 USD – Topshop
            -space socks – 8 USD – Urban Outfitters
  -ninja turtle socks – 8 USD – Urban Outfitters
 -candy heart socks – 8 USD – Urban Outfitters
(if you buy 3 pairs of socks at UO you get a special deal:) )
(black thigh high socks – totally forget where I got them haha)

      



trust me, pony tails are still the bomb.


pleated skirts are really adorable, too! they totally remind me
of the whole school girl look:)

-pleated black tennis skirt – 54 USD – American Apparel 


recently got this gently used Coach backpack purse
on eBay for around 50 USD!  I believe the retail is around 250 USD.
honestly though, mini backpacks are the cutest! x (and one of my many obsessions)

What am I saying in this article? I'm saying that it's extremely easy to look adorable and wear "little girl" clothes while looking fab. So go thrifting, get cute-as-shit clothing and be the ultimate babe I know you are. ♡☆




A little mix I made for you guys :)

xx, Matéa



[cover art by the fabulous tula]

1 comment:

  1. I've already commented on this playlist on 8tracks, but - hey! - I'm back again cause I really do want to thank Matéa for it. From the gorgeous cover to the great song choices, this is by far my most played on 8tracks. Thank youu thank you thank youuu. xo

    ReplyDelete