May 14, 2014

Introduction: A Cooking Class From the Past


Recently while trailing through my home in search of trinkets to display in my room, I stumbled upon a floral green box marked "Recipes". It was a very vintage box, and it was filled with guess what? Recipes. Apparently, they belong to my great grandmother, and they are a collection of all the recipes she ever made throughout her life. Some are magazine clippings, recipes from scratch, and even some family traditions, which made me think that this box was definitely a recipe for exploration. Many people around the world have boxes just like mine, with recipes from people just like my great grandma, and in this feature I plan to add to the mag, I want to explore them all. So, each month I or someone else from the magazine is going to make a dish using a recipe from the past. I can't guarantee that they will all be winners, but I can guarantee that they'll be a lot of fun for you and for us to explore. So, find your own old recipes and dig in! Explore the past and explore your appetite.

Happy Eating, Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment